Our Curriculum Intent
At St Peter's Church of England Middle School, the curriculum is designed to: recognise children’s prior learning, provide first hand learning experiences, allow the children to develop interpersonal skills, build resilience and become creative, critical thinkers.
Every child is recognised as a unique individual, valued by God. We celebrate and welcome differences within our school community.
The ability to learn and progress is underpinned by the teaching of skills, knowledge, concepts and values. We constantly provide enhanced and enriched opportunities to engage with learning and believe that childhood should be a happy, investigative and enquiring time in our lives where there are no limits to curiosity and there is a thirst for new experiences and knowledge. We use our school values of: Wisdom, Integrity, Trust, Compassion and Fellowship to promote positive attitudes to learning and to promote the responsibility for learning and future success.
Children leave our school with a sense of belonging to a tightly knit community where they have the confidence and skills to apply our 5 keys to success: self-management, self-challenge, connection making, creative thinking and problem solving. These visible learning habits will allow the children to become lifelong learners.
- Art - Curriculum Overview
- Citizenship - Year 7 & 8 Curriculum Overview
- Computing - Curriculum Overview
- Design Technology - Curriculum Overview
- English - Curriclum Overview 5 & 6
- English - Curriclum Overview 7 and 8
- French - Curriculum Overview
- Geography - Curriculum Overview new
- History - Curriculum Overview
- Maths - Curriculum Overview
- Music - Curriculum Overview
- PE - Curriculum
- RE - Curriculum Overview
- Science - Curriculum Overview